Stow UMC PreschoolThe purpose of The Stow UMC Preschool Program is to provide an environment for promoting positive self-esteem in each child. This will be done through an atmosphere of working and playing together for enjoyment, growth, and a greater awareness of the world.
The Preschool Program has been a part of the United Methodist Church in Stow for over 50 years. It is an outreach of the church and is governed by a Preschool Committee of church members. We are licensed by the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services. Each of our teachers has a 4-year degree in the field of education. Each class also has a qualified teacher’s assistant. Each class consists of 7-12 students, a teacher, and an assistant. We offer a program consisting of pre-academic skills, sharing, art, stories, science, snack, movement to music, and indoor and outdoor play in a Christian learning atmosphere. We have a large playground that meets all safety requirements. A daily lesson plan is followed and newsletters are sent home at least monthly. Parent/Teacher conferences are held in January each year. All children must be potty trained to attend the program. We have an open enrollment policy of welcoming children of all faiths.
In response to current COVID-19 Mandates and Best Practice Recommendations by Governor DeWine, we have made many changes to our Preschool Program for the 2020/21 School Year in order to keep children, families, and teachers healthy and safe.
For the Fall of 2020, all of the Stow UMC Preschool Classes will meet for 2 days per week.
2 -Day Morning 3- year-old Class (T-TH 9:15 am-11:45 am): Must be 3 by September 1st 2020 – Class full, taking names for the mid-year wait list
2 -Day Morning Pre-K Class: (M-T 9:00am – 12:00 pm): Must be 4 by September 1st 2020 – Limited openings still available
2-Day Morning Pre-K Class: (W-TH 9:00 am- 12:00 pm): Must be 4 by September 1st, 2020 – Limited openings still available
Tuition Rates 2020/21
2 -day 3- year-old Class: $97/month
2 – day Morning Pre-K Classes: $115/month
2 -day Afternoon Pre-K Class: $105/month
- Our first week of school will be September 21, 2020. For 2020/21 school year, we are not following the Stow-Munroe Falls City Schools calendar for holidays and days off school. We will be creating our own school calendar.
- A $50.00 non-refundable registration fee is required at the time of registration.
- Tuition is due on the 1stof each of the nine months from September through May.
- Church members and siblings of current and former students are eligible for early registration. Please email us at email@example.com in early January for exact dates/procedures.
- If you have any questions, you may contact our Registrar, Karen McCaffrey, through the church office at 330.673.7752 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org