Stow UMC PreschoolThe purpose of The Stow UMC Preschool Program is to provide an environment for promoting positive self-esteem in each child. This will be done through an atmosphere of working and playing together for enjoyment, growth, and a greater awareness of the world.
The Preschool Program has been a part of the United Methodist Church Stow for over 45 years. It is an outreach of the church and is governed by a Preschool Committee of church members. We are licensed by the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services. Each of our teachers has a 4- year degree in the field of education. Each class also has a qualified teacher’s assistant. Each class consists of 16-18 children, a teacher, and an assistant. We offer a program consisting of pre-academic skills, sharing, art, stories, science, snack, movement to music, and indoor and outdoor play in a Christian learning atmosphere. We have a large playground that meets all safety requirements. A daily lesson plan is followed and newsletters are sent home at least monthly. Parent/Teacher conferences are held in January each year and written evaluations are sent home at the end of the year. All children must be potty trained to attend the program We offer educational field trips several times during the year as well as several student celebrations and special events. We also offer monthly in-school Little Leapers gymnastics classes and SMF Public Library story-time with guest librarians. We have an open enrollment policy of welcoming children of all faiths. Classes do not take the place of Sunday School.
Class Availability for the 2017/18 School Year
3 year old class: Class Full for the Fall – taking names for a mid-year wait list
4 year old class: Class Full for the Fall – taking names for a mid-year wait list
4+/5 year old class: Class Full for the Fall – taking names for a mid-year wait list
If you are interested in being put on the waiting list for any of our classes, please email us at Stowumcpreschool@outlook.com.
- Our program begins the first full week after Labor Day. Otherwise, we follow the Stow/Munroe Falls Public School calendar for holidays and days off school.
- Registration takes place at the Open House, which is typically on a Saturday morning in late January or early February.
- A $50.00 non-refundable registration fee is required at the time of registration.
- Tuition is due on the 1stof each of the nine months from September through May. September’s tuition is due on August 1st.
- Church members and siblings of current and former students are eligible for early registration. Please call the church office in early January for exact dates/procedures.
- If you have any questions, you may contact our Registrar, Karen McCaffrey, through the church office at 330.673.7752 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org