Stow UMC PreschoolThe purpose of The Stow UMC Preschool Program is to provide an environment for promoting positive self-esteem in each child. This will be done through an atmosphere of working and playing together for enjoyment, growth, and a greater awareness of the world.
The Preschool Program has been a part of the United Methodist Church Stow for over 45 years. It is an outreach of the church and is governed by a Preschool Committee of church members. We are licensed by the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services. Each of our teachers has a 4- year degree in the field of education. Each class also has a qualified teacher’s assistant. Each class consists of 16-18 children, a teacher, and an assistant. We offer a program consisting of pre-academic skills, sharing, art, stories, science, snack, movement to music, and indoor and outdoor play in a Christian learning atmosphere. We have a large playground that meets all safety requirements. A daily lesson plan is followed and newsletters are sent home at least monthly. Parent/Teacher conferences are held in January each year. All children must be potty trained to attend the program. We offer educational field trips several times during the year as well as several student celebrations and special events. We also offer monthly in-school Little Leapers gymnastics classes and SMF Public Library story-time with guest librarians. We have an open enrollment policy of welcoming children of all faiths. Classes do not take the place of Sunday School.
Classes Offered for the 2018/2019 School Year (beginning September 2018)
2 day 3- year-old class (T-TH 9:15-11:45 am ): Must be 3 by September 1st 2018: Class is full, taking names for the waiting list
3 day morning Pre-K Class (M-W-F 9:00-11:45 am ): Must be 4 by September 1st, 2018: Class is full, taking names for the waiting list
3 day afternoon Pre-K Class (M-W-F 12:30- 3:15pm ): Must be 4 by September 1st, 2018: Only 1 spot left in this class! Email or call today to register!
4 day morning Pre-K Class (M-T-W-TH 9:00 am-12:00 pm ): Must be 4 by September 1st, 2018: Class is full, taking names for the waiting list
Tuition Rates 2018/19
2 day 3- year-old class: $93/month
3 day morning Pre-K Class: $125/month
3 day afternoon Pre-K Class: $125/month
4 day morning Pre-K Class: $160/month
- Our program begins the first full week after Labor Day. Otherwise, we follow the Stow/Munroe Falls Public School calendar for holidays and days off school.
- A $50.00 non-refundable registration fee is required at the time of registration.
- Tuition is due on the 1stof each of the nine months from September through May. September’s tuition is due on August 1st.
- Church members and siblings of current and former students are eligible for early registration. Please call the church office in early January for exact dates/procedures.
- If you have any questions, you may contact our Registrar, Karen McCaffrey, through the church office at 330.673.7752 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org